The Wayne FFA scholarship will be awarded to a Graduating Senior who is also an FFA Member of the Wayne Community School District. The Wayne FFA Scholarship Committee will award deserving seniors annually.
All scholarship money will be distributed the second semester of the recipient’s freshman year upon proof of completion of the first semester and proof of continued enrollment.
- Applicants must be graduating from Wayne Community School District.
- Applicants must enroll full-time at a junior college, college or university.
- Applicants must have maintained at least a 2.5 grade point average throughout high school.
- Applicants must be a current member of the National FFA Organization.
- Applicants must submit a letter of application as described below, a signed copy of the applicant’s transcript, proof of FFA membership, a letter of recommendation from a school representative and a letter of representation from a community representative.
- Proof of membership may be obtained through the FFA Advisor.
- Applicants must be available for an interview, if requested.
- Applications must be mailed to Wayne FFA Alumni, PO Box 386, Corydon, IA 50060 the Friday prior to the annual Wayne FFA Banquet.
- All scholarships will be distributed second semester of the recipient’s freshman year. Any scholarship not claimed by November 1st of the recipient’s sophomore year will be considered forfeited and returned to the scholarship fund.
Letter of Application
The letter of application should include the information set forth above as well as the following additional information:
- The name of the college, university or junior college they plan to attend and the reason they chose this particular institution;
- Career choice and what led them to this career choice;
- A statement of personal and educational goals pertaining to their chosen career field;
- A summary of any work related experience in the field of agriculture; and
- A statement of personal character traits, community activities and involvement.
Applications will be judged in accordance with the FFA Mission Statement: seeking applicants who have shown premier leadership, personal growth and career success. Specific selection criteria include: community service, demonstration of leadership, strength of character and personal qualities, extracurricular school activities, academic record, work experience and financial need.