The Audrey Foust Memorial Scholarship is made possible by a donation from the family and friends of Audrey Foust to benefit worthy graduating seniors at Mormon Trail Community School District.
A scholarship will be awarded to aid and encourage a student to continue their education in their selected field of choice. All scholarship money will be presented upon proof of enrollment at an accredited junior college, college or university for the fall semester.
- Applicants must be a graduate of Mormon Trail Community School District and must enroll as a full-time student at a junior college, college or university.
- A signed copy of the applicant’s transcript must be provided.
- Applicants must provide evidence of participation in sports, music, and/or other extracurricular activities while in high school.
- If applicable, applicants may provide evidence of involvement in some form of church and/or community organization or activity.
- Applicants must provide a letter of application, which includes the information set forth above, as well as the following additional information:
- what obstacles you have faced and what you have done to overcome these obstacles
- what special abilities or personality strengths you possess
- list of other family members attending college and name of college
- resources available to help with the expense of your education
- the name of the college, university or junior college you plan to attend
- why you chose this particular institution of higher learning
- what type of career you are pursuing and why
- Applicants must supply a letter of recommendation from a school representative and a letter of recommendation from a community representative.
- Applicants must appear, if requested, for an interview with the Audrey Foust Memorial Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship applications must be received by the applicant’s high school guidance counselor by April 1 annually.
- A scholarship must be claimed by March 1st of the year following the one in which it was awarded (generally two semesters). If not claimed, the scholarship will be considered forfeited, and the amount awarded will be returned to the appropriate scholarship fund. Special exceptions may be granted by written permission from the Wayne Community Foundation Board of Directors.
Applications for the Audrey Foust Memorial Scholarship will be judged using the following criteria:
- Community Service
- Demonstration of Leadership
- Personal Qualities/Strength of Character
- Extracurricular School Activities
- Academic and Scholastic Record
- Financial Need