The 3D Scholarship is available annually to a graduating senior from Wayne Community School District. It is renewable for up to four years if the recipient maintains a 2.5 grade point average while pursuing their degree.
- Applicants must be a current graduating high school senior from Wayne Community School with the intention of enrolling full-time at a trade school, junior college, college or university.
- Applicants must have maintained at least a 2.5 grade point average throughout high school. A signed copy of the applicant’s transcript must be provided.
- Applicants must submit a letter of application which includes the following information:
- Name of college, university, junior college or trade school they plan to attend.
- Why they chose this institution
- Their intended field of study and what led them to this career choice
- A statement of personal and educational goals pertaining to the chosen career
- A summary of any work-related experience in the field of study
- A statement of how the student has made the best use of his or her ability and a demonstration of financial need.
- Applicants must supply a letter of recommendation from a school representative and a recommendation from a non-related community representative.
- Applications must be received by April 1 annually.
- The scholarship must be claimed by March 1st of the year following the one in which it was awarded. All scholarship money will be awarded upon proof of enrollment at trade school, junior college, college or university for the ensuing fall semester. If not claimed, the scholarship will be considered forfeited and the amount awarded will be returned to the appropriate scholarship fund. Special exceptions may be granted by written permission from the Wayne Community Foundation.
Applications for the Scholarship will be judged using the following criteria:
- Financial Need
- Desire for continued education
- Personal qualities / strength of character