This Scholarship will be awarded to a worthy graduate of the high schools serving Wayne County and attending the University of Iowa.
All scholarship money will be paid to the scholarship winner upon presentation of proof of enrollment at the University of Iowa for the fall semester.
- Applicants must be residents of Wayne County and be graduating from one of the following schools serving Wayne County students: Lineville-Clio Community School District, Mormon Trail Community School District, Seymour Community School District, or Wayne Community School District (or districts succeeding these districts and serving Wayne County) with the intention of enrolling full-time at the University of Iowa.
- Applicants must rank in the upper half of their high school class, and have maintained at least a 2.8 grade point average on a scale of 4.0. A signed copy of the applicant’s transcript must be provided.
- Applicants must have participated in sports, music, and/or other extracurricular activities while in high school.
- Applicants must have been involved in some form of church and/or community organization or activity.
- Applicants must submit a letter of application, which includes the information set forth above, as well as the following additional information:
- why they chose the University of Iowa as the institution of higher learning
- the area of study they plan to pursue
- what led them to this career choice
- a summary of any work-related experience in the field of study
- Applicants must supply a letter of recommendation from a school representative and a letter of recommendation from a community representative.
- Applicants must appear, if requested, for an interview with the Ernest Carmon Moser Scholarship selection committee.
- Applications must be received at the Foundation Office or by Email by the first Monday of April each year.
- A scholarship must be claimed by March 1st of the year following the one in which it was awarded (generally two semesters). If not claimed, the scholarship will be considered forfeited, and the amount awarded will be returned to the appropriate scholarship fund. Special exceptions may be granted by written permission from the Wayne Community Foundation Board of Directors.
Applications for the Scholarship will be judged using the following criteria:
- Community Service
- Demonstration of Leadership
- Personal Qualities/Strength of Character
- Extracurricular School Activities
- Academic and Scholastic Record
- Work Experience
- Financial Need