This scholarship was established in order to provide $1000 annually to be awarded to a graduating senior from Wayne Community High School who will be attending trade school, junior college, college or university to further their education.
- Applicants must be a current graduating senior from Wayne Community High School wanting to further their education.
- Applicants must have “reasonable” grades and have financial need, but financial need would not be the most important criteria.
- Applicants must submit a letter of application, which includes the information set forth above (name, high school, graduation date, school, intended field of study, GPA, transcript) as well as the following additional information:
- Name of trade school, college or university they plan to attend.
- Why they choose this particular school.
- What led them to this career choice.
- A statement of personal character traits, financial need and community activities and involvement.
- Applicants must supply a letter of recommendation from a school representative and a letter of recommendation from a non-related community representative.
- Applicants must appear, if requested, for an interview with Rhonda Mason Memorial Scholarship committee.
- The scholarship must be claimed by March 1st of the year following the one in which it was awarded (generally two semesters). If not claimed, the scholarship will be considered forteited and amount awarded will be returned to the appropriate scholarship fund. Special exceptions may be granted by written permission from the Wayne Community Foundation Board of Directors.
Applications for the Scholarship will be judged using the following criteria:
- Involvement in community activities (4-H, FFA, Junior Optimist, Scouts) and other personal improvement organizations.
- Academic and scholastic record.
- Involvement during high school in athletics and band.