This scholarship was established in order to provide $1000 annually to be awarded to a graduating senior from Seymour High School, Wayne Community High School, or Mormon Trail High School who will be pursuing an agriculturally related degree
- Applicants must be a current graduating senior from Seymour High School, Wayne Community High School, or Mormon Trail High School pursuing an agriculturally related degree.
- Applicants must have maintained at least a 2.5 grade point average throughout high school. A signed copy of the applicant’s transcript must be provided.
- Applicants must submit a letter of application, which includes the information set forth above (name, high school, graduation date, school, intended field of study, GPA, transcript) as well as the following additional information:
- the name of the college, university, or junior college they plan to attend;
- why they chose this particular institution of higher learning;
- what led them to this career choice;
- a statement of personal and educational goals pertaining to the chosen career;
- a summary of any work-related experience in the field of study; and
- a statement of how the student has made the best use of his or her ability, and
- a demonstration of financial need.
- Applicants must supply a letter of recommendation from a school representative and a letter of recommendation from a non-related community representative.
- Applicants must appear, if requested, for an interview with the Bungo Bailey Memorial Scholarship selection committee.
- Applications must be received by The Law Office of Jenna K. Lain by April 1 annually.
- A scholarship must be claimed by March 1st of the year following the one in which it was awarded (generally two semesters). All scholarship money will be presented upon proof of enrollment at a junior college, college, or university for the ensuing fall semester. If not claimed, the scholarship will be considered forfeited, and the amount awarded will be returned to the appropriate scholarship fund. Special exceptions may be granted by written permission from the Wayne Community Foundation Board of Directors.
Applications for the Scholarship will be judged using the following criteria:
- Personal qualities/strength of character
- Community service
- Financial need
- Work experience
Strength of recommendations