One graduating senior from each of the following school districts will be eligible to receive a $500.00 scholarship; Wayne Community School, Mormon Trail Community School District, and Seymour Community School District. The intent of these Scholarships is to help residents of Wayne County further their education with the anticipation that they will return to this area to pursue their vocation, business, and/or professional career. All scholarship money will be presented upon proof of enrollment at a junior college, college, university, or vocational institution for the ensuing fall semester.
- Applicants must be graduates of the Mormon Trail Community School District, Seymour Community School District or Wayne Community School District (or districts succeeding these districts and serving Wayne County) with the intention of enrolling full-time at a junior college, college, university, or vocational institution.
- Applicants must have maintained at least a 2.5 grade point average throughout high school. A signed copy of the applicant’s transcript must be provided.
- Applicants must submit a letter of application, which includes the information set forth above as well as the following additional information:
- The name of the college, university, junior college, or vocational institution they plan to attend.
- Why they chose this particular college/institution of higher learning.
- What career they are choosing to pursue, what led them to this career choice, and their goals/plans of returning back to Wayne County.
- Applicants must supply a letter of recommendation from a school representative and/or a community representative who isn’t a relative.
- Applicants must appear, if requested, for an interview with the scholarship selection committee.
- Applications must be received at the Foundation Office or by Email by the first Monday of April each year.
- A scholarship must be claimed by March 1st of the year following the one in which it was awarded (generally two semesters). If not claimed, the scholarship will be considered forfeited, and the amount awarded will be returned to the appropriate scholarship fund. Special exceptions may be granted by written permission from the Wayne Community Foundation Board of Directors.
- Applications for the Scholarship will be judged using the following criteria:
- Desire for continued education
- Personal qualities / strength of character
- Intent to return to Wayne County to apply their vocation, business, and/or professional career.